Saturday 9 September 2017

Review: The Thousandth Floor


The Thousandth Floor 
Katharine McGee 



I was intrigued with the cover on this one, and the multi-POV story line (which I love, if you haven't noticed yet)

but the more I got into it, the more annoyed I got.
I am not one for "Pretty little liars" and story lines like that and that is pretty much what I got.

I was expecting more from some of the plot points (like Atlas') ... but this is still book 1 so maybe book 2 will be better.


We have a group of a friends (and a few misfits who fall in) who all live in this 1,000 floor Tower in New York

The year is 2118.

Avery, and her adopted brother Atlas, live at the very top.
As you go further down the tower, life gets less luxurious. 

The Tower has everything - shops, spas, hotels - and as long as you have the money, you have free reign to go where you please.

When a girls family is torn apart by secrets, she tries to keep up appearances.

When a boy is asked to spy on the group, he finds himself on a higher floor than he's used to. 

When a girl is in need of some extra cash, she finds herself falling in love with someone who could hurt her.

When a girl finds out a secret, or two, her addiction has her struggling to survive.


Overlapping stories keep you intrigued but only so far.
It ends on a high note (small pun intended) and we are left with a bitter taste of vengeance from an outsider.

like the cover says, the higher you are - the farther you fall. 


I liked it, overall, but I wasn't crazy about it. There are some stories I am more interested in others - just like anyone would be - and I will be picking up book 2 to see what happens and how the secrets come to pass so the author did her job in getting my attention. 

Would I recommend it? Only if you like high-school drama stories.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment