Friday 8 September 2017

Review: Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass 5)

Queen of Shadows
Throne of Glass - Book 5
Sarah J Maas


I remember how anxious I was to get my hands on this .. and when I finally got it, it sat on my shelf for a year haha (what else is new) but with Tower of Dawn out now, I need to get this series finished!

Also, considering it's been a year since I read Heir of Fire, I jumped into this one with very little remembrance of what was going on. 

But it didn't take long for me to clue in... although half way through I did look up my review of HoF because I could not remember some things. oops. 



Aelin is back in Rifthold to settle her debts. 

Of vengence. 

With demons possessions and a kingdom about to crumble, Aelin and her Court, with Chaol and his group of rebels, are trying to save their city while destroying it at the same time. 


Every step is being watched. 
Every step is calculated.  
Trust no one... until there is no one left. 

Manon Blackbeak and her 13 are ruthless.  

They are witches and killers and show no mercy... except to a small, shackled handmaiden who has a secret. 



I could barely put this one down. Falling back into this world was easy. Maas' world is full of magic, of heartbreak, and it keeps you on your toes the whole time. This one is action packed, while touching on remembrance, and the bonds of family and friendship.

Plus we see Aelin come into her own more.
With the help of Rowan, of course, but even on her own - she knows what she must do and while she is petrified, she knows her strength.

That ending will have you reaching for Empire of Shadows before QoS is even fully closed.

Powerful,with an insane cliffhanger, I cannot wait to see what happens next!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment