Wednesday 6 September 2017

Review: The Rose and the Dagger

The Rose and the Dagger
The Wrath and the Dawn - Book 2
Renee Ahdieh


I was nervous to start this one, just because of the puddle of feels I was left in when I finished The Wrath and the Dawn but I ventured in anyways ... and finished it in a few hours, just like the first.

Picking up from where we left Shazi and Khalid, now separated due to circumstances and curses, we follow Shazi on her mission to get back to her heart and her home. 
Taken to the camp where her sister Irsa, and her rebel friends and father are staying, she knows she is in danger. 
She also knows she must play her part if she is to survive. With the help of a magic carpet, she is off to find the man who gave it to her in hopes if setting her world straight and finding her ever after. 


More action packed than the first, we are taken on a wild ride through the desert as this love story struggles to find a happy ending. I could not put it down and was gasping and yelling at the book with all its twists and turns. 
We do get different POVs, which I love, and it just helped create a more full story. The ending broken into smaller chapters that were quick and packed a punch kept me at the edge of my seat. I just wanted to crawl inside this world and never leave - or at least find a Khalid of my own. 



I wish there was more. These two have made my favourite couples list and I have added them to the "reread worthy" pile. I will definitely be taking a magic carpet ride again, and again, and again ... 



No comments:

Post a Comment