Wednesday 6 September 2017

End of Summer 2017

August 2017 wrap up!

What a weird month.

It started off so slow but now I look at the calender and it says September - what?!

Alright, let's get to it:








personal books read:

- Peter Pan
- (finished) A city of Heavenly Fire
- The Wrath and the Dawn
- The Rose and the Dagger
- HP and the cursed child (reread. defense blog to come!)
- bittersweet dreams
- strange the dreamer
- queen of shadows
- beast
- Inked souls

(behind in posting reviews! they're coming though)

Plus I read 6 for my sister site, TDC Book Reviews 
where I'm known as Canadian Rebel

= 16 books which puts me at 137/200 for the year.

so overall, not a bad month. but! From the Rose and the Dagger to Inked Souls were all read in a week... Hubby and I escaped to the trailer for a week and I only packed books and PJs. It was fantastic.


I had a MASSIVE bookhaul this month - 32 books ; if you want to see the pile, check out my insta @inafieldofbooks

I also got to redo my office and split it into 2 so now I have a library - which is also posted on insta. *swoon*








September = college starts and I have full time hours which is good, but sucks for reading time.

my TBR for the month includes:

- Half bad/wild/lost
- Blue lily, lily blue
- love and gelato
- beauty's release
- the thousandth floor (which is done already, woot)

and I have 7 booked for TDC

and I started up with a new review group where my focus will be YA and so far I just have 2 (non YA) books with them, plus whatever I want to review.

exciting, exciting.

plus there are so many books coming out in September and my wallet is scared



 



 Not much is happening outside the book life ; hubs is trying to go back to work so he's got some prep to do for it.  and we had our kitty cat (who was 26 but his breed could go til 40 so we still called him a kitty) pass away so we had to rearrange our pet situation...  still have 2 dogs so all is good. 



like I said earlier, I am slammed with work. I got 2 students at college this semester so I am busy, busy, busy. (for those who don't know I am a sign language interpreter) there are breaks here and there so I will try and squeeze in my reading.

otherwise life is pretty great.

not looking forward to fall/winter - we're supposed to have a bad season here in Ontario and we live a) north-ish and b) near the water so we get chilly nonsense all the time.



hey looks, puppies!

           
 Brandi (goldren retriever)
 Squeeker (chihuahua)


- A


No comments:

Post a Comment