Thursday 7 September 2017

Review: Strange the Dreamer

Strange the Dreamer
Laini Taylor


To be honest, this was a bandwagon buy.
The cover is gorgeous (all of them)
and everyone was raving about it

so I bought it.

I didn't even read what it was about ...
which explains why I had no idea what was going on as I started reading it.
Fell in love with this man pretty quick though haha - Hello, bookhusband #237905732
I ... am still unsure how I feel about it. It was good, but that ending was odd.
It did keep me hooked enough to read it in one sitting so that's something. 



Lazlo strange is just that, strange. A dreamer, with his head in the books as he lives and breathes the ancient library's texts day in and out. An orphan boy saved as a child.

When Lazlo Strange has the chance to join an expedition to go to the city of Weep  (who's real name has been forgotten) he knows it's now or never. 
We then see the story from these Children of Gods.  Living in an a city unseen, found again. 
The 5 children that were saved from "the carnage" have 1 rule: leave no sign of existing. 
Each child has their own gift that they use to sustain themselves and the city of Weep that exists below them. 

When one of the children and Lazlo meet, in the most unexpected way, they discover they both have a purpose in life, and it just may be each other.  



The writing will have you locked in from page one, for sure.  I waited so long to read this and I'm kicking myself for it ; absolutely amazing (but again, that ending threw me off). There are beautiful passages all over the place, and these rich characters and back-stories that have you wanting to take these children into your arms and protect them from harm. 


BUT!
ITS NOT THE END!
which annoys me even more.

People, put "book 1" or "A *name of series* book" on your covers SO I KNOW to expect a cliffhanger! jeeze. 


so I am torn on this one; no fangirl flail over here ... but I am intrigued enough to read the next one. 





"The universe was endless, and love had it's own logic" 


No comments:

Post a Comment