Friday 9 December 2016

Review: Scrappy Little Nobody

 Anna Kendrick
 Scrappy Little Nobody


How could you not love this chick? Right from the introduction, you are already laughing at how awesome and funny she is.

This really is more of a fangirl rant rather than a review. I loved everything about this book.

Well, except when she hated on Canadian TV. Us Canadian's aren't really that bad.... but we apologize profusely for the ones who give us a bad rep.
Sorry.

Her life seemed pretty cool. Growing up in a small town in Maine may not have been all glamorous as a child, but it sounds cool to someone who grew up just outside of the big, scary city that is Toronto. (even at 26 I still think it's scary. have you ever tried to drive Toronto in rush hour? I rest my case.) and then she got to do all these kinds of crazy fun things with theatre people, and in NY and LA. As someone who's idea of an awesome time is netflix and crocheting or reading (because I've yet to master them simultaneously) that all seems pretty freakin' cool to me.

She writes like one would talk, which is fantastic. It's not stuffy and it's real. I devoured the book in 2 sittings, only because work got in the way and I like to eat so I got off my comfy couch and out of the sweatpants. (Which, if by some miracle Anna is reading this - I have harry potter sweatpants, They're pretty rad. come on over and let's do a HP movie marathon. just saying.... i'd be down. You seem like the mix of a hufflepuff and gryffindor to me. I'm a ravenclaw.)

Other points I made note of throughout:
- your twilight premiere dress was awesome. yay for LBDs.
- I named my car too. Paul, after my husband's middle name - because he hates it and i like to bug him.
- Zach Morris all the way! <3
- 'squirrely little weirdo' would have also been a good name for this book *nods wisdomly*
- ikea is the devil. but you gotta love it. *tosses some candle holders and a bookshelf in the cart*
- I agree about Christmas.
- You're my idol because you sneak away from parties to read.
- My brother is named Mike too. he's ridiculous but he's awesome. he doesn't play magic,but my weirdo hubby does. men are strange.
- That Tori chick totally did it!!!!

To those reading this, but have yet to read the book, those are just some of the awesome points that you will come across while reading this fantastic book.

I'm serious.
It's awesome.

There is also a reading guide at the end.
I made the post-it.
find it on one of my twitter posts, because for cereal, every part is my favourite.

Go read the book. You'll thank me later.

This is one of those biographies that I will reread. because she is just that funny.
and awesome.

Have I mentioned it's awesome?



No comments:

Post a Comment