Wednesday 23 November 2016

Review: Winter (Lunar Chronicles 5)

 Marissa Meyer
Winter
Lunar Chronicles- Book 5


I put off buying this book for the simple fact that I like when all my books in a series are the same... but I couldn't wait any longer so I caved and bought this in hardcover. I don't even care - It was totally worth it!

This particular book is fairy tales meets cyborgs meets Les Mis. I had the songs playing in my head at different parts of the story, but I was too captivated to actually put them on.

We pick up from Cress, where the gang is about to lead in a Revolution against "Queen" Levana and Lunar.  The plan is simple really, convince an entire planet of Cinder's real identity and to revolt against their current queen to follow her.
Oh, and that the current Princess Winter is not as crazy as everyone thinks. (even though she is but I promise you she is just as amazing as the rest of this group that you will fall in love with every chapter again and again. I still cannot figure out who my favourite couple is - i love them all!)

Anyways, back to the story.  So, Scarlett has been captured, the rest are stuck on the Rampion (at least for now) and Kai is set to marry Levana or else Earth cannot have the cure to letumosis.  Easy enough to fix in a matter of days, no?

This books takes place on Lunar, which is a fun little twist. Basically, it's like the Hunger Games where the main "royalty" is all well and good and the further out you get from them, the worse off the people and land are. and they all have a purpose: wood, metal, etc etc.

What I loved most about this one is that every few chapters we got the perspective of a different character. It wasn't only one or two, it was all of them. Really helped us in getting a full picture of what was happening at any given time.  Meyer's writing is still just as captivating as ever. This is the longest book and I strongly suggest clearing your schedule before you start it; you will not want to put it down!

This is a world you will not want to leave. Forget the "TRB List", it will be added to the Reread list (and "must get everyone I know to read too!" list) forever.  It was pure magic.



No comments:

Post a Comment