Tuesday 15 November 2016

Meet my bookshelves!

So after moving into our own place (finally!) I got around to putting up my bookshelves. Hubby wanted double-deep for his office stuff and he likes symmetry so I got stuck with half my book being hidden.
It worked out - ended up with a smaller office than I wanted.

~


Bookshelf 1: Series




There are so many on here, it's a bit ridiculous.  Some have to be on the top shelf (I know, it's weird!) Like Harry Potter and Pendragon. Lately, I have been putting the Mortal Instrument series there too - but Ron is blocking it right now. The rest kinda just go where they fit. There is clearly room for so much more. Not sure if you can tell but behind the Jamie Mcguire books (second from top - far right), there is the begining of like 6 or 7 series. As that grows, I'll have to reorganize.
Other series that are hidden: artemis fowl, game of thrones, Georgia Nicolson, and LJ Smith's "Nightworld".
Beside the Eragon books, is another favourite author - Norma Klein. I emptied a second hand store once when I found all those. She writes a lot of coming of age type stuff that spoke to me when I was 12/13, go figure.

I have a lot more HP related items that go on here, but they cover up most of the top shelf.
The picture that has massive glare is my German Shepherd puppy from childhood. The 2 mugs on the last shelf have an "A" and a "J" - I'm A, hubby is J.  The snowman elephant is just something that needs to go in the xmas boxes.


Bookshelf 2: Author specific/ non-series



This starts with all my VC Andrews books at the very top - some are missing from this as my mother is reading a bunch.  She is my favourite author, and a lot of her books are reviewed on here. I also co-run a fan group on facebook called "VC Andrews' Dolls" if anyone is interested :)

Going down the shelves, we have RL Stein - he gets a full shelf -, then random hardcover/fancy books - far right are all Harry Potter related. The last self is everything else. I tried to keep all the bio-ish stuff on the right hand side, and everything else is all just done by size of the book.  My Series of Unfortunate events box set is still packed away. Not all have been read but I'd say at least 60%  have.
Some of these were read as a kid, and I bought because I love them. Some I cannot bring myself to read (such as the fault in our stars) after watching the movie (I KNOW I KNOW!!)   I am missing a bunch from here too because they are on my mom's TBR pile.

There's usually decor stuff in front of these too, like a pic of my grandparents-in-laws, a HP figurine in package, and a "licence plate" blank with a orca whale on it. Nothing fancy. \


~

 That's me in a nutshell. I read pretty much everything except horror/thriller/mystery stuff. I used to read Dean Koontz in high school, but I had to downsize books at one point and he had to go. You can kind of see the 1 john grisham book and there's a brad meltzer book that I loved so I kept that. Otherwise, it's YA all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment