Monday 28 November 2016

#booktag Gilmore Girls!

So, I've been seeing these #booktags around the community, and I am very intrigued!
After watching the Gilmore Girls revival this weekend, I figured I'd start with this one and see what happens. (Thanks to ReadbyJess for the tags) 





1. "I just got hit by a deer" - character having the worst day ever.


This one is really difficult! I read mostly YA dystopian stuff where all our young maiden's are having crappy lives until they realize they are the key to saving the planet. 

jacob black had some rough days...

Bilbo Baggins had a birthday he'd rather soon not remember (Even though he had an awesome adventure)

*Spoiler Alert for Assassin's Blade* but the day she loses Sam was a horrible one!

Bryce Loski in Flipped made some terrible choices one day and ended up almost ruining the best thing that ever happened to him.

so, days suck, but their lives turned out pretty good. 



2. Stars Hollow - wildly eccentric cast.


Hands down, The Lunar Chronicles. Take your everyday fairy tales (as we know them), and make them all kinds of crazy. and cyborgs. and in love with each other, naturally but in the middle of a war between Earth and the Moon. Just Fantastic.
*i dont own the pic. the artist signed it in the corner ... found on pinterest




3. COFFEE - a book/character you're addicted to.


The Maddox boys, because no one can really just pick one. Jamie McGuire's series about these brothers and the women they are in love with is just too perfect for words. You never want the story to end. 


4. Kim's Antiques - a world you'd be afraid to enter.


Literally? Sheesh, where to start? Hunger Games, Divergent, Game of Thrones, the Maze Runner. I'll pass on those invites.

If you mean a book I'm afraid to read? Well, none that I've come across. 


5. Luke's Diner - A comfort read.


Harry Potter, wands down.




6. Emily - the HBIC (Head Bitch In Charge)

Dorothy from "Dorothy Must die".
Man, she is a lot different than Judy Garland 



7. Lorelai and Rory - best character dynamic.


Honestly, this goes back to the Lunar Chronicles.
Thorne and Cinder, or Iko and Cinder, or Thorne and himself...

Or Jas and Georgia from
Confessions of Georgia Nicolson. Friendship goals right there; Trust me, you won't be disappointed. 

8. "I pushed him in a lake" - book you'd chuck in a lake.

I read *A LOT* of bad things for my sister site review blog.

From my personal choices, I'd have to go with
"me before you" or "
ensnared" by a.g howard
because I was drowning in my tears from both. 



9. Kirk - the weirdest book you've ever read.


I also read *A LOT* of weird things for my sister site review blog.

From my personal collection, I'd have to go with
The Neverending Story


or
Magic Kingdom for sale - Sold by Terry Brooks.

I love them both but strange, strange, strange. 



10. "It's a lifestyle, it's a religion" - a book that means more to you than any other.


Again, I'm going to have to go with Harry Potter. It's a potterhead thing, we can't help it. 

But Georgia Nicolson's books are just as lifestyle basing as they can be. If you haven't read them, I don't care how old you are, go do it. She is just amazing. Louise Rennison (bless her cotton socks, may she rest peacefully) had the most amazing story come to life in my head. and my friends who also read it just absorbed the personality coming off the pages. We learned french from her (even though french was in our school because, eh canada) but Georgia did it better. It's truly a lifestyle. and a religion. and praise Buddha and baby Jesus for her. 



Alrighty that's it for now! If you agree (or disagree) let me know in the comments

(mmmmmmmmmmmmm, books <3)

No comments:

Post a Comment