Wednesday 20 July 2016

Review: #splintered series

A G Howard’s Spintered Series left me in feels for days!

A beautiful link to the original classic story of Alice in Wonderland. We follow the story of Aly, a direct descendant from Alice Liddell who was the little girl who first fell down the rabbit hole. She is forever a part of Wonderland’s story; it’s past, it’s present… and if all goes according to one Moth’s plans, its future as well.

Aly's mother is in a mental instituation, for speaking to bugs and who knows what else. When Aly starts to do it too, everything goes a little crazy. Jeb, her best friend, tries to help keep her grounded... but when the man from her dreams comes into her reality, she needs to test her wings. Wonderland is in danger, and only Aly can help save it. 

Aly’s story is one of love, of loss, of tragedy, of family, of unrequited love… of bugs… of chaos, and madness and the beloved characters that we thought we knew.  There are so many things going on all at once but it is done so beautifully that you cannot help but be in awe.

It does have a twisted side, and it is definitely not the Disney version we all have come to know, but Howard paints us a stunning setting with these deep characters that you just want to reach through the 
book and hug. Hard. Forever.

I’ll admit that my eyes worked their magic first. I could not get the covers out of my head… and finally, I picked up the first two books (Splintered and Unhinged). Then waited in agony for the third to come 
out in paperback.

That’s when I found there was a fourth!

I caved on Untamed and bought the hardcover. This is a collection of short stories to wrap up the series nicely. I read the third (Ensnared) and Untamed in one sitting, back to back… and then proceeded to sit there and cry for about an hour. I then had to go find my husband because I needed a hug.


#teamjeb for life! 

The writing is wonderful, the story is tragic yet magical... you are drawn in from the first sentence, and you will not be able to put them down. 5/5 all around! I will be falling down this rabbit hole often. 



No comments:

Post a Comment