Tuesday 31 October 2017

OooOoo, October

This month was both slow and fast. 
How that works, I have no idea. 
It felt slow, for the most part but now that it's ending I am wondering where it went.

Oh yeah, it went to prepping for NaNoWriMo and reading.

Right.


  




I was happily surprised with how much I read this month (considering how slow September went)

- let me be your hope by l. stewart
- the beginning of everything
- fahrenheit 451 
- yes, my accent is real 
- art of wishing 
- scandalous by l.j shen 
- eliza and her monsters 
- tiger lily by a. duncan
- the halloween tree 
- chronicles of narnia: magician's nephew,
- narnia: the lion, the witch and the wardrobe 
- never ever 

plus 5 books for TDC Book Reviews so overall, not a bad month.
As I'm writing this, I'm half way through Narnia: the horse and his boy

that's 17.5 for the month :)

which puts my total at 167.5/200 for the year !

ps. book covers need to tell me if they are part of a series! 





I have a TBR of 10 books for my personal side
and I think 3-5 booked for TDC


If you haven't seen yet, I am doing NaNoWriMo this year which means I'll be writing most of the month.

50, 000 words is crazy town! but fingers crossed I get something accomplished
I'm happy I am a fast reader and I can get all my books in too - I really want to make my goal this year! I was 9 short last year *grumbles*
I still am participating in bookstagram challenges on IG so come check out the pretty shelves! I think I am going to change my theme a little bit for November.







Besides working when the work becomes available, not much has been going on. The college I work at has been on strike for the past 2 weeks, so I have been able to get a lot done (although i've been sick this past week so let's be honest here...) 

Unfortunately we don't expect the strike to go much longer - which, i mean, that's good because I need to go back to work but I do like having free time y'know - so I will try and get a lot done this week knowing I need to value the time I have in my office. Plus, it's still decent weather outside and the dog needs walks to build up her coat so I don't have to vacuum as much.  

oh, 
we bought a new car. Hello, anxiety.
This is not a fun thing to do. Do not adult!
 but our old one was becoming a money pit and with the amount of driving I do for work, it was time *sobs*
we upgraded from an '08 civic to a '17 tuscon
hello space. and it's so fancy with all the buttons.

but I do miss the comfort of my honda.
this new one has bum warmers though. and I live in Canada. so... I'm adapting quickly ;) 



Guess that's it for this month. If i survive NaNo, I will see you all in 30 days!

- A 

No comments:

Post a Comment