Monday 31 July 2017

July was super quick!

What a crazy month!
Where has 2017 gone....

Anyways,
let's get right to it!



 




I still don't understand how I manage to read so much in such a short amount of time?!

Felt like I only read a few books, and when I did the count, it came to 19! Which matched my record for June too.
What is going on here? 

This is nonsense.

But I am loving it!


What I read for myself:

- Calvin by Martine Leavitt
- The Scarlet Letter 

- Frankenstein 
- The Sword in the Stone 
- The Count of Monte Cristo (abridged version) 
- Unstable by S.E Hall 
- Corliss *and* Donna by VC Andrews  
- The Book Jumper by Mechthild Gläser
- The High King (Prydain book 5) 
- Oliver Twist 


I still have yet to finish Gone with the Wind, City of Heavenly Fire ... and I started book #20 "The lives of Elves" but only a chapter or 2 in; priorities, much?
It's because they're so heavy, I can't throw them in my purse and be on my merry way!


For TDC Book Reviews (sister site) - I read 8 books. 

Some were absolutely fantastic!
Some were rubbish. 

All about that balance *winks*
I am known as "Canadian Rebel" over there 



2017 Goal: 121/200 (I may actually come out ahead this year?!) 

Check out my IG @inafieldofbooks for pics of all these lovelies and updated shelfies!






I am determined to finish Heavenly Fire and GWTW!

so I kept my TBR small with: 

- everything from my June TBR (4 books: LM/LOS, Maas: QoS/EoS) 
- Strange the Dreamer 
- the rose and the dagger / the wrath and the dawn 
- Peter Pan 
- Bittersweet Dreams by V. C Andrews (because Corliss/Donna were "prequels" and there are 2 more coming!) 


For TDC I have 6 booked right now (We'll see if they all send them in)


I also am working on my writing still: 
-my elves one is still being flushed out ; 
-my revenge-geeky based one is on hold because I'm mad at it ; 
-and this past weekend I wrote out an outline for a story where Captain Hook is the hero. So far so good. I've written a little bit but it's worked itself out in my head already so just got to get it out of there and out into the world. 
**Scribe Kit gets sent out this month, can't wait for that! **

I am behind in my book reviews but I'm okay with it. There are so many drafts half finished on here ; Just need a day to sit down and attack them this month. 

I also started a GoodReads account so hello, reviewing there too. Sheesh. I cannot remember all the dates when I read the millions of books I've read in my life. 






Work wasn't supposed to be busy this month (*looks at the 19 books*) and then these last 2 weeks got hit with a full schedule so life got crazy. 

August is completely empty right now, as to be expected in summer, but I am hoping I get a little somethin' somethin' mid-month. 

Hopefully that gives me some time to sit and write my stories and catch up on my reviews.

It looks like the Fall will be extra busy so I am taking advantage of all the free time I have now. 





What a boring month ...
but it was fun to read some "classics"
I really want to go book shoppping and SPLURGE but I told hubby I'd behave until I knocked off some of my TBR books *grumbles*  



Until next month everyone <3

- A 



No comments:

Post a Comment