Sunday 30 April 2017

Goodbye April !


What a month! This is the first time I'm reviewing a month so bear with me. 



So, at the end of March I got a big haul of books because BookOutlet was having a sale and what bookworm can resist?
This one can not, that I assure you.

April has also been a weird month re: work so my book reading has been all over the place.

well, some of you may know that I also review for TDC Book Reviews and it was a slow month with them.  I had 8 books booked, but 1 author never sent the book in so I only read 7 for them.
and only 1 was a 5 star which you can find on Goodreads
Was a boring month on this side of things.
I'm known as Canadian Rebel over there.
even though I am no longer the only Canadian.


10.3 Personal reads for April included:

I'll give you the Sun 
Tapping the Billionaire 
Heidi 
The Dream Thieves (Raven Cycle book 2)
Kiss of Deception / Heart of Betrayal (Remnant Chronicles) 
Beauty's Punishment (Sleeping Beauty trilogy book 2)
The Black Cauldron (Chronicles of Prydain book 2)
Library of Souls (Miss Peregrine's children book 3)
There Will be Lies 
maybe 30% of Afterworlds
95% of Flowers in the Attic (that I reread when I can't sleep) 


All were lovely, but Heidi and Heart of Betrayal dragged for me.  

I have a lot to say about There will be Lies so stay tuned for my review.

2017 Goal list update: 63.3/200


  
 


BIG DRAMATIC SIGH !

At the beginning of the month my computer decided it was done with life, and sadly, left me.

Luckily, I happened to be seeing a tech friend that day so I brought it to him and he said the outlook didn't look good.
He was right.
I lost my whole hard drive.
I'm still crying about it.

I had started (finally) writing the books that have been bouncing around in my head:

1) Is about Elves who are hit men/assassins. but its based off of the tattoos that appear on their skin. Mid fantasy. Luckily I didn't get too far in with this.

2) is based on my high school crush. sappy lil love story. more for myself than anyone else, really.

3) I had a few thousand words done about 2 best friends... but 1 is stuck in a video game. It's Jumanji meets Count of Monte Cristo. and I have tried to pick up where I left off of this and it just isn't coming back. I still remember what I wrote and have my outline but the motivation is gone.
at least for now.

So I'm focusing more on the Elf one. Hubby and I went to starbucks one night and I just sat down and HAND WROTE a few chapters because I no longer trust computers.
she types, at an old computer hubby happened to keep for his gaming bots. BACK UP YOUR FILES MY DEARIES. DO IT.
NOW.
i'll wait. 

**on a side note, i found old photos of what my bookshelves used to look like and my goodness how times have changed. Will work on a throwback post with lots and lots of photos and scary memories and itty bitty TBRs** 


Work has been pretty slow, and yet, it was a decent month.
If you don't know, I am a sign language interpreter working in Ontario.
I love my job.
It's why I will have lots to say about there will be lies (it's also why i picked up the book at all, i saw on one of Cait's (@paperfury) posts that the main character is deaf and SOLD. so i owe her some cake!)


Taxes were also due this month.
and being self employed sucks some days.
(mostly there are days in april. and january when I do the year-end stuff. just saying) 






May is my favourite month.
It's also my birthday month so woohoo. 
(the only good thing about my bday is it = books. because y'know.. there's never enough. and anyone who says otherwise is lying and is after your TBR pile and the pretty covers) 
Who knows what work will look like, but the TBR Pile will continue to grow and shrink as it sees fit.
Some days I really feel like I make an impact
and other days I cower at it's brilliance and power.
All about the balance, loves.


I also need to plan my giveaway for June as it is my ONE YEAR BLOGIVERSARY
and that is exciting.



BUT WHAT DO I READ NEXT?!

Book 3 of Prydain will go in the purse for all the waiting rooms I deal with when it comes to work.

but my options are:


- Start my Reread of the TMI series since I have yet to read Lady Midnight  and COMMON ALEX !
- I got the unbecoming of Mara dyer as a wedding gift from my "boss" and book 2 in the march book haul and they've been calling me lately
- Must finish The Remnant Chronicles before I forget what happened in book 2
- Read Illuminae even though I don't have book 2 yet but it looks fascinating!

noticing a trend with "book 2" here

- Still need to finish off the last two books in the Throne of Glass series. I waited AGES to get them, and now I'm distracted with other books. which is annoying. because I want to know what happens! I'm my own worst enemy with series, i swear.  
- Everything, Everything and Volume 3 of short stories from the Dorothy Must Die  series have been starring at me and following me around the room with their eyes.
- none of the above and who in the name of Puff the Magic Dragon will be able to tell me? 

No one, that is who.

Book Guilt is a real thing!




So that is it for now, I am going to go continue afterworlds until bedtime.
which is soon because I apparently have old lady eyes which close around 9pm every night. (they also tire from wearing glasses all day *nods in a knowing way*)



Let me know your vote for my next read in the comments.
or just say hi?!


-A

No comments:

Post a Comment