Tuesday 25 April 2017

Review: The Heart of Betrayal (Remnant Chronicles 2)

 The Heart of Betrayal
 The Remnant Chronicles
 Mary E. Pearson


Continuing on our journey with Lia and boys, we have now reached Vendan.
The home of the Komizar.
The home of vagrants and miscreants.
The home of the Assassin.

Lia knows she must do what she is told, but she cannot help her stubborn ways and strong will in following her heart (no matter what it tells her) even though the secrets she has learned thus far have slowly started eating away at her.

And time.
Time is a tricky thing. It can be your friend, and it can be your enemy. Those in play will learn which side Time is on for them.

but Lia knows her destiny, and she will fight for it no matter the cost.


Pearson's writing dragged for me in this one - for some reason I could not focus - which I found strange because it was just as powerful (but less action packed) than The Kiss of Deception. This part of Lia's story only had one setting

unless you count the few itty-bitty chapters about Pauline.
which I am not.

but there were a lot of sweet moments between many of the characters which I loved. We learn a lot about childhoods and how they have come to be where they are, and some other gems which I always appreciate. And so should any book lover. why would you not want to know more about the cinnamon rolls we are following along on these mythical adventures? 
Throughout both books we get verses of old texts that Lia is translating along the way, but tbh, I don't think I've read a single one.
Hmm, maybe the first one?
I hope they don't come into play later because I have not been paying attention to them.
oops. 

On the other hand,
I am 100% #TeamRafe!




(Is it just me or could they have done better with these covers?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment