Monday 27 February 2017

Review: Wires and Nerve (Lunar Chronicles)


Wires and Nerve: Vol 1
The Lunar Chronicles
Marissa Meyer


We have read about everyone's story... except Iko. We have seen her help Cinder and the gang through all their adventures, yet we have never seen the story through her eyes.

Now, it's her turn.

Wires and Nerve takes place after Winter when Cinder has been Queen, and Kai is back on Earth as Emperor. The relationship between Luna and Earth has been improving significantly since Queen Levana's reign, and finally, people can be happy again.

However, there is still a problem at hand. The hybrid wolf-soldiers that Levana made are still out there and one Alpha has it in his mind that the technology used to create them can also put them back to their human form.

For this, he wants to attack Cinder.

To get to Cinder, he must go after what she loves: her friends.

However, what he is unaware of is that Cinder has sent her most trusted friend and fighter to try and put a stop to these soldiers who are causing panic and mayhem throughout the cities. That fighter? Iko.

The wolf-soldiers were not expecting to be fighting an android.

Moral of the story? Don't underestimate the "help".


Meyer does it again! I have never read a graphic novel before (unless Archie comics count? which I doubt they do) but I couldn't wait to get this book in my hands; Iko has to be near the top of the favourites in this gang of ragtag misfits.
 Meyer's writing is just as witty and on point as ever. I did miss the long descriptions -being a reader, that's what I love - but the art was so beautiful and so descriptive that I felt like I was in the story nonetheless.  The story flowed wonderfully and the graphics perfectly fit the character descriptions (even if they were different than my versions. Does anyone ever find someone else that has the same idea as them 100%? doubtful).  
I loved that it was a continuation from where we left off. I was cautious when I heard this book was happening, and what direction Meyer was going to take, but she has yet to disappoint me with these characters.  I never want to leave the universe she has created.

My only question is: can I have volume 2 yet?!




No comments:

Post a Comment