Tuesday 28 February 2017

Review: Broken Glass (Mirror Sisters #2)

 Broken Glass
 Mirror Sisters - Book 2
 V.C Andrews


Literally starting off where book one left off, we begin through Haylee's perspective on how she deals with her mother and the police dealing with Kaylee's "running off" with this man she met online. Throughout the story, we go between the two sisters... and as much as I love dual perspective stories, this one left much to be desired.

Kaylee's side of the story feels incomplete; I felt like there needed to be more conflict. There was many points that could have been expanded on (the mother, the cat, the door hinges, the land she is on, her captor himself) but for some reason the author chose to keep it clean and simple.

On the other hand, we have Haylee who is a complete sociopath.  The way she plays everyone around her is astounding. I hope karma comes a'knocking on her door in the next book; she deserves it. However, she spends most of the book just repeating her ramblings from book one on how much her and Kaylee are the same, and the changes she wishes to make now that she is "the only one".

My favourite line of the whole book is definitely that final one. The path the mother takes is very interesting.  Her reaction I feel was very VCA-esque, and I am hopeful that it continues this way into the next installment.

Overall, it was a disappointment. I was hopeful that we would see the classic VCA villain come out with Haylee, but no such luck. However, I will give credit to the cliffhanger ending and it does make me want to know what happens when the twins finally come face to face after all this.

Time to wait again:  #bookwormproblems





No comments:

Post a Comment