Tuesday 7 June 2016

My happy places...


Finding that perfect spot to read is almost as important as what you are reading. I didn’t move much as a child, so I can’t recall where I read when I was small besides my bed.

In the house that I spent majority of my life in was where I found my favourite spots to read. 
On summer evenings, I’d make myself a tea, grab a blanket and my iPod, take my book out to the porch. I'd sit here until I had no more light to read by. Which, at this point the bugs came out so I wanted to go inside anyways. 

I always loved this spot because I could watch the sunset, see what was going on with the neighborhood, and when there were those lines in the book where you just needed to *deadpan face* … I at least had a nice view. Maybe even a bunny hopping around...






Another favourite place, funny enough, is the car. Weird, right? For some reason, the car is a comfy place to read. I used to go for drives down to the lake (in whatever city I live in) and just sit in my car and read. When I am early for work, I pull out my book and read. When I am waiting for someone I am picking up, I pull out my book. So the car happened by default… but it is still pretty comfy. Mine is a Honda Civic; I call him Paul. 










Finally, the hammock. It’s not mine, but I lived with my best friend/cousin for a few months when I moved to where I am now and she has a hammock. SUPER comfy! Before she had her kids, we’d both go out there for the afternoon and just lay down and read. Her hubby thought we were nuts (and being unproductive. As if!) but it was afternoons like that that I consider “perfect days”






No comments:

Post a Comment