Thursday 30 April 2020

april showers!


welp. 
another month of this self-isolation funtimes

shorter month than march, at least. 
look for the silver lining... 


i was more productive than i thought i'd be this month
between reading and camp nano. 
so, 
i'm happy :) 



I managed to get 37 books in. how? i have no idea. 
novels and graphic novels alike :) 

- satisfaction and revenge (lawless) 
- MMPR: Pink   (GN)
- Pink (V47)  (GN) 
- SpiderGwen Collection (GN)  
- Moto 
- Land of stories 2 & 3 
- Kingdom hearts: the novel 
- monsters of men 
- suggested reading 
- is it just me? 
- library of lost and found 
- Pokemon series 1-12 (GN)
- this boy 
- secrets of foxworth 
- ghost gwen (V3 i think)  (GN) 
-  someday, someday maybe 
- eleanor and park 
- hate drunk & love sober 
- match me if you can 
- Ruby 
- Queen of Air and Darkness 
- the Help
- A court of thorns and roses 

sheesh! this puts me at 108/200 for the year. craziness ! 
i am still working on little women and i had to DNF stain 
but what can you do 




i'm in a bit of a slump, i think i just overwhelmed my reading brain 
but ACOTAR is helping pull me out of it 
i'm in a reread mood
which my tbr isn't happy about
but too bad. 

a few weeks ago i reorganized my shelves into read/not read
and so i just pulled a random stack from the 'not read' pile 
and came up with: 

- a list of cages
- curses and kisses 
- love her or lose her 
- you'll miss me when i'm gone 
- the future of us 
- practical magic 
- the magicians (and book 2 if it keeps my interest) 
- lost boy 
- the rest of the Landry series (ruby was book 1)
- miss ellicot's school for the magically minded 
- beautiful bastard (i have all but 1 in this series so we'll see how far i get) 

and whatever else grabs my attention. 
i miss library books ... sigh. 
part of me wants to reread more harry potter too 



april 30th is my last day of being a 20-something. a lot has happened in the last 10 years and i'm kinda amazed how far i've come. 
i don't even remember my 20th, or my 21st ...
but since then? 
i've been pregnant, i graduated college, i moved away for work (and moved a few times since), i started my interpreting business, i got my wedding planning licence, i've been married, i've been separated, i started a cleaning business (that didn't last long), i became an aunt 3 times, i became a fur mama, i've been to the states for the first time, i've been to one other province, i've been on a plane (once!), i wrote a first draft of my novel, i've seen a couple of work-friends pass away, i've made some amazing memories, i've met the love of my life, i've become okay with who i am. 

it's been a busy 10 years. 

my mom and i were supposed to be on a plane today, going to paris/london for our milestone birthdays this year. but with how sick the world is we had to postpone it. we'll get there one day. 

no idea what next month is going to look like 
but i'm ready for whatever happens. 
hopefully, some May flowers <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment