Thursday 1 November 2018

Falling though October


Did this month go super slow for anyone else?
at least, time wise... 

like, it was busy. and it flew by in some senses... but I keep thinking it's November and it's not. and i'm surprised by it when i check the date everyday  (though it's November now so there ya go..) 





Again, this month of library books took over (not that i'm complaining) 

- art of blending in 
- towering sky 
- inkmistress 
- dance of thieves 
- p.s i still love you 
- always and forever, lara jean 
- a darker shade of magic 
- letters to the lost 
- legendary 
- invisible ghosts
- puddin' 
- when my heart joins the thousand
- mad for you in madrid (ARC) 
- Man Candy 


which puts me at 156/200 so not horrible... 
still a long way to go before new years. 





i am loving my library lately 
and it keeps me on track,
 so November plans include: 

- nevernight 
- part of your world 
- the light between worlds 
MY LIST FROM THE SUMMER BECAUSE: PROCRASTINATION ! 
(obsidio, lost boy, finale, raven king) 
- gathering of shadows 
- conjuring of light 
- tower of dawn 
- lady midnight 

plus whatever else comes in 
(there's about 10 books on hold that i'm waiting on)

who knows if i'll get to them all because I'm also trying to do NaNo but we shall see! 
over achiever much? 
i'm also behind on allllll the reviews. 
eek. 






Life has been weird lately. Work has been insane, which is good and bad (bad only because i miss having personal time and i'm exhausted) but for the most part I have my routine down. 

personally everything is pretty stable. apartment life is still weird but granite and i are hanging out. my golden retriever has been over quite a bit lately with the ex - as we try and stay friends - so that's been interesting. also started dating again and that's just been ridiculous. friend of mine is also in the middle of a separation, so at least I have someone to talk to who gets it (our ex dudes also have the same name so it makes for some interesting misunderstandings haha) but she's also dating and we're so similar in how we handle it and how we react to the stupidity of men that it's just amazing. 

Trying to do NaNoWriMo this year again. last year I lucked out and work was on strike so i got paid to stay home for 5 weeks and it was lovely and easy to write on my own schedule. this year i don't have that option and it's annoying .. but good for the students I guess.  i was going to work on my captain hook retelling... but I picked up "lost boy" and its like, 94% of the same story .. and I'm not sure if that 6% difference is enough to have me write it. I still want to, but i'm so annoyed with the idea right now that i've dropped it. even put off the book again. ugh. 

so i'm moving on to my assassin book - because I don't know how else to describe it haha. a pinterest prompt gave me an interesting idea and I've decided to run with it. But i was prepping so much on the Hook one... that i'm Pants'ing hardcore on my assassin one and it's stressing me out! which is fine, I'm not too much of a planner .. it's also not completely from scratch as i've written 2 or 3 chapters so i have a general idea where I'm taking it.  

not sure how much writing i'll actually get in. I'm hoping to make it to a write-in in my area too. last year every night we planned something, i had work or a snow storm and the hour drive wasn't worth it. so fingers crossed for this year! not "winning" will anger me so i'm going to end up getting no sleep because I will want to write all night when i get home just to get that 50k *squinty eyes* 

November should be a lot better, overall, as work isn't as busy and my weekends are mostly free right now (unless you count the dating?) but I'm betting it goes by a lot faster than october did. Wish time had a remote, just to slow it down ever so slightly 




No comments:

Post a Comment